The Old Amador County Courthouse

Jackson, CA


The Histoic Amador County Courthouse

The first courthouse was a two-story wooden building completed in January 1855, serving until August 1862, when it was destroyed by fire. A new brick courthouse was completed at the same site in December 1863. A neighboring building was completed as the Hall of Records in 1893 and the courthouse was expanded into the space between the two buildings around 1920. Thanks in part to the New Deal (The Works Progress Administration), the 1863, 1893, and 1920 interstitial buildings were merged and given an Art Deco renovation in 1939.

Partially due to the lack of ADA access, a new County courthouse was completed, and Court operations moved to the new location on June 25, 2007.

The current owners, Restore Amador LLC, purchased the building in 2023 with hopes to restoring it. In order to do so, they need to raise money to install an elevator.  Funds from this conference, paranormal investigations and other events go to help them in bringing this historic building back to life. 


Getting Here


SMF (Sacramento) is 58 miles away.
SFO (San Francisco) is 130 miles away. 

Shuttle Services


There is ample parking behind the courthouse in the lot behind, otherwise, there is also a public parking garage under city hall just a few blocks away.